Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

And so it begins




This blog will record my adventure of turning an old trailer into a shed to house a sensory deprivation tank. Don't ask why, because I don't have an answer for you.

It all started after I first tried a tank down in LA. After the first session I was so amazed that I had to try it again. I have now floated an additional four times at different tank location on the west cost (all locations come very highly recommend):

What amazes me about floating in a tank:
  • The environment is like no other place on the planet.
  • The Epson Salt seems to strip away the stress from my muscles and it feels like you have just gotten a message when you get out.
  • The lack of any inputs seems to "reboot" your brain in someway.
  • With this "reboot", your thinking becomes extremely clear and simple (for about 10 hours).

In a way you could call this a "do not give a f@&* box", because that how you feel when you get out. With that said I have been trying to find a way to be able to float more often. The problem is their is not a float tank in Salt Lake. So, I have decided to attempt to build one.

So why build it in a trailer? Due to my current vagabond lifestyle my house is to small and temporary. So a movable exterior building seems to be the best call.

Another key reason for the exterior structure is the great experience I had at Samadhi. When setting up the appointment I was a bit concerned with the fact the tank was at a private residence. "Was it going to be too weird doing this in someone else's house?" Lee put all these concerns to rest the second I arrived. The tank was located in it's own little building, giving you a sense of privacy during the float. I loved this aspect of the experience. Plus she let my dogs hang out while I was in the tank!

And so begins my journey .........

No comments:

Post a Comment