Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Building the Base

I started building the base of the tank today.
Pretty simple platform with a foot between the joist.

Topped it off with a layer of plywood.

The end internal dimensions came out to 8 feet  by 4 feet 10 inches.
I ended up having to cut some off to frame the walls with 2 by 4's.

I then framed it in with 2 by 4's so that it can be insulated with R13.

I have to get a few more boards and then insulate the bottom.
I'll hold off on doing the sides for the time being.

Now that this is sitting in here I'm staring to gain a little perspective.
One thing is that this weight a ton!
May have to think lighter up top to be on the safe side.

The other thing that I kept thinking about today was the possibility of a curved roof.
This would primarily be for condensation.
But also allowing for maximum head room at the peak.


You have to love that heat escape on the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment